Friday, November 6, 1998

Pressed for the most important figure of the 20th Century, few of us would name They Might Be Giants’ John Flansburgh. However the TMBG guitarist now sees his name being bandied about next to Jesus Christ and Adolf Hitler in a serious online poll designed to determine the Person Of The Century. The poll, being conducted by Time magazine's website has logged votes for historical figures like Gandhi, Billy Graham, Winston Churchill, and Ronald Reagan, as well as Flansburgh and a few other surprises. "He's behind, I think number one is I believe Jesus Christ, number two is Adolf Hitler, number three is the wrestler Ric Flair, and Flansburgh is at number four,” his TMBG partner John Linnell told the MTV Radio Network recently. “And then behind him are some very serious notables.” “If I find that Ric Flair, I'm gonna kick his ass,” Flansburgh barked. I'm warning you Ric Flair; it's me, Jesus and Hitler. There's no room for you. Get out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed shortly.