Friday, November 6, 1998

Paul McCartney may not be able to handle life in the spotlight alone. The former Beatle reveals that he's still so overcome by sadness over wife Linda's death that he may never again perform live. “I might not be able to get up on stage again,” McCartney tells the British tabloid The Sun. “I don't know whether I can go up there and sing, thinking about Linda.” McCartney tells the paper that Pretenders frontwoman Chrissie Hynde has invited him to perform in a series of concerts next year that will promote Linda's animal rights causes, but he isn't sure he'll be up to it, saying he'll “play it by ear.” “If I can manage it, then I will,” McCartney says. “But I've said that if I can't do it, she'll just have to forgive me.” McCartney reveals he always carries Linda's wedding ring in his pocket, and admits he's “cried more this year that I have in my whole life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed shortly.