Friday, October 30, 1998

Recently, a Bjork obsessive broke into her mother Hildur's home, according to the Swedish newspaper Expressen. (Bjork is living in Sweden now while she films the new movie, Dancer in the Dark.) The fan, a Spaniard who's been stalking her for four years, entered the house while Bjork's mother was away and generally made himself at home. He slept in Hildur's bed, ate her food, and left threatening messages for Bjork. When Hildur returned 24 hours later, the man refused to leave, saying it was his home. The police were called and the man taken away. "This is worse than the mail bomb," Bjork said in the article. "My mother would not have to meet strange men in her home just because of my job. In that case, it's better to quit as an artist." Bjork's mother had been receiving strange phone calls for a while, but never told Bjork out of fear of worrying her. "That the people I love are subjected to threats because of me is horrible!" Bjork said. "And the thought alone that someone could hurt my son makes me feel sick. I feel very guilty."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed shortly.